Monday, November 1, 2010

First, What are You Reading? Volume 3

Here are my answers to the four questions I ask on the first of each month:
first, what are you reading?
what do you like best about it?
what do you like least?
what's next on your list/pile to read?

I hope you'll consider sharing yours on your blog (I've abandoned the Mr. Linky for now!) and/or sharing yours here in the comments or on Facebook.  This month, I'm scrunching all my answers into one, because I'm concerned otherwise this might never post.  Happy reading and I hope you'll share what you are reading!

First, what are you reading?


I'm reading a ton of books right now, preparing for December's gift column (don't you agree books make a good gift?), as well as improvement books for January, as in turning a new leaf.  Lots of interesting reading to share.

There are two that I'm especially enjoying:

The Grace to Race by Sister Madonna Buder.  This is the story of an 80-year-old nun who is also a record-breaking triathlete.  This impresses me, because while I'm a triathlete (having completed the Seattle Danskin Women's Triathlon last year with my four sisters--that's a great story for another time), I am by no means fast.  She didn't start running until her late 40s, and still keeps going.  I wasn't sure I would like this book, but so far I am loving her style, her call to vocation, and her sheer energy.   Also, she has a special fondness for the Blessed Mother and St. Therese, the Little Flower, so I'm hooked.

Carney's House Party/Winona's Pony Cart: Two Deep Valley Books (P.S.)
in an excellent new edition. I could.not.WAIT for this new release of an old classic, by Betsy-Tacy author Maud Hart Lovelace, because the foreward for Carney's House Party was written by prolific blogger and fellow Betsy-Tacy fan Melissa Wiley.  I knew about Betsy-Tacy books before I knew about Melissa Wiley's blog, but she's made it so much fun to be a superfan of this great series.  And I was not disappointed in her great foreward, and I'm so enjoying reading this great classic again.

No comments:

Post a Comment